March on and "Don't Stop Believin"

The time of year has come again when local marching bands are tuning up and practicing to march in the All School's Day parade! I might not think much about the upcoming parade if we didn't live on the street where the bands practice! "Left, left, left right, left...". then the drum cadence... and finally the song. "Name that marching band tune!" becomes a game! Last year the song was "Uptown Funk" which was easy to recognize, but this year while bass drummers kept a strong, left-right march beat, I strained to make sense of what I was hearing. I listened for a melody or anything familiar. It took awhile, but some sketchy lyrics came to mind: "Just a small town girl" and "on and on and on", so that's what I Googled and Bingo! the song is Journey's "Don't Stop Believin", a Journey song from 1981. And I'm feeling my age! Apparently Journey songs keep marching on!
"Just a small town girl
Living in a lonely world...
Oh, the movie never ends
It goes on and on, and on, and on
Don't stop believin'
Hold on to the feelin'
Streetlights, people
Oh Ooooh..."

Comments

Popular Posts