11 things about my Dad in no particular order:
1. He shows integrity by working hard and being industrious! He is retired, but he still works hard at home. Mom tells me about all the ways he helps!
When our family used to go to the lake on weekends, we usually left on Friday evenings. There were so many times we were almost out the door and the phone would ring. I could almost always bet that the call would delay our going to the lake since Dad was a Refrigeration Repairman and go figure, in the heat of summer if a unit was down, Dad got a call! I remember whining to Dad, "Don't answer it Dad! Can't they call someone else?" But good ol Dad's integrity ruled his conviction and he answered the call! Sometimes he could send another worker out, but often he had to take the call. I was disappointed then, but now I appreciate it for being the right thing to do.
2. He is not afraid to show emotion whether watching a sad movie, talking about someone special or thinking of a tender thing. I just love that about Dad! (I certainly know where I get it!)
3. Speaking of the lake, I love the patience shown when he taught me to ski. He has taught me other things with gentleness and thoughtfulness. (#11)
4. I love his gentle voice. (Oh, it can be raised, but it is usually calm and quiet. Not passive, but gentle.)
5. I love my Dad's way of teasing Mom. He does love that woman and he lets her know!
6. I love his tidiness. When he worked refrigeration, he had a big panel truck and it was orderly so he could quickly find what he needed and get the job done.
He is like that in his life.
7. I like that he is interested in the things Mom is interested in. They are best friends!
8. Christine likes "that he is a gentleman and he is sensitive and not afraid to show emotion." (I agree.)
9. Mike says, "He is approachable." (I agree.)
10. Olivia says, "I like that he gives an honest answer when we ask him a question." (I agree.)
11. Tabitha says, "I love when he gives hugs and says, "How are ya babe?... and he really wants to know!" (I agree!)
I love my dad! Happy birthday Dad!