What’s Love Got To Do With It?

This is just a response to a couple invitations to talk about 25 Random things about myself. I suppose the love it’s got to do with is God’s love to me, His girl! 1. I’m rather random, but being assigned 25 random things isn't the most random thing. 2. I love the sound of wind through leaves of cottonwood trees. 3. The beauty of a full moon is exciting and alluring to me. 4. I like the smell of books. Intoxicating like the smell of a new car, certain old cars and my Dad's old panel work van when he let me ride in the front with the windows slid back while the wind blew our hair. 5. Some speaking voices are like music to my ears. Yes, I can easily think of at least a dozen. 6. Music, Music, Music! Sometimes I think in music. 7. Certain cello pieces beautifully played make me cry. 8. I also cried over the taste experience of Zuppa Toscana at the Olive Garden once. My daughters wondered if I was alright. I told them someday they'd understand. 9. I'm addicted to lipstick. 10. Everyone should lay on an ocean beach just where the waves rush onto shore. To feel the ocean waves wash over you and rock you with the constant motion and power is an exhilarating experience of some glory of God. (You will get sandy, but there again is a reminder of God.) “How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand.” Psalm 139:17,18 11. My Dad lovingly and patiently taught me how to water ski when I was about 10. 12. My Mom made delicious breakfasts for our family almost every morning I lived at home. She pretty much stationed herself in the kitchen and often took orders for how we wanted our eggs. Bless her heart! I love breakfast food! 13. My favorite pet was a dog named Ringo. He got to go to the lake with us. He was a German shepherd mix and he had what looked like a “ring" around one of his eyes. 14. Mike and I can crack up together even if we’re not sure what the other is laughing about, which makes us laugh even more laughing at each other. 15. Olivia and I have an unspoken contest to see who spots the first lightening bug of the season. 16. Tabitha used to giggle like a chipmunk and it was the cutest thing ever. 17. Christine likes to iron. She even says she loves it. 18. My brother Steve and I took tap dancing lessons when we were kids. 19. My brother John and I had a scuffle one night when we were kids (8 and 12?). Our Grandma dropped us at home after a church Christmas party. We both had a gift of a paper bag full of candy. After we got out of the car we raced to the front door. On the icy sidewalk almost to the front door, I tripped, fell and spilled all my candy. Ouch. John laughed and ran ahead. I scrambled up and ran after him with full intent to push him if I could catch him. Just as I caught up to him inside the door, I pushed with all my strength. He hit his head into the wall edge, went crying and bleeding downstairs where our parents were having a party and ended up in the emergency room needing stitches in his forehead. For some reason the candy wasn’t very sweet that year, and my parents have had better parties! 16. Around the same time I pushed my brother, two other distinct things happened in my life that I know now was God revealing Himself to me. One was when I was in our living room gazing at our Christmas tree and feeling a deep sadness and loneliness, then suddenly felt the most comforting, reassuring spiritual knowing that God Is and that He loved me. The other time was when I was in the backyard and was stopped suddenly struck by the beauty of creation, like a set-apart moment by a similar comforting, reassuring spiritual knowing that God Is and that He loves me. Both of these times were marked by a feeling of my smallness compared to the Almighty, yet a comfort in His greatness. 17. Though I had these revelations I spent the next several years in rebellion. 18. I need to buy some new socks and new casual shoes. 19. I love the sound and smell of rain. 20. I want to do three cartwheels (round offs) in a row, then a couple cheerleading jumps complete with some loud woohooing! Oh, yeah. 21. I wish marijuana was legal. 22. I don’t like fluorescent lighting. 23. I never really had a Grandpa. I would like a Grandpa like R.C. Sproul. 24. I used to be dead. I’m glad, no, I’m ecstatic, that I’m alive in Christ. 25. I don’t have a favorite quote, but I do like this a lot, it‘s from Never Cry Wolf: "I think over again my small adventures My fears, those small ones that seemed so big All the vital things I had to get and to reach Yet, there is only one great thing, the only thing To live to see the great day that dawns And the light that fills the world."

Comments

TAB said…
I think I knew everything about you mom! Love you.
Anonymous said…
Rats! I think I just lost a long comment about how alike we are. I, too, love the smell of rain and books, rebelled against God after when I knew He loved me, crying at certain cello pieces, and ecstatic that I'm alive in Christ. (And many more similarities. No wonder I like you.)
Laurie said…
Love ya, Tab! Dis you also know that all my desires to be a Mom, the pregnancy, delivery, nursing, changing diapers, stroller/wagon walks ... yes, and even those wild and crazy toddler years, with you and Olivia, are some I count as the best days ever?! I was going to include that some way in my 25 things, but kept getting stuck on words.
Some things go beyond words, love!

Zoanna,
Rats! is right! I've done the same thing and now I write almost all blog posts, comments etc. in Microsoft Word or Processor, then copy and paste.
I've often thought the same thing about similarities and no wonder I like you, so of course I miss your blog (for now) and rejoice in God's grace through cyberspace!
LivG said…
Oh Mom, I love you and your randomness!

I'm gonna spot that firefly this Summer, just you wait...
Bill and Chris said…
Thanks for sharing so many more things about you!

I'm with Christine--I love to iron (and sort laundry, and fold clean laundry)--it must be our name:-)
Anonymous said…
Um, actually 317daniel is me...Chris
Don't know how that happened...
Anonymous said…
Liv girl- Back atcha!

Chris-
I have similar things happen in blogosphere and I don't know why either!
Mysterious things, though for me I can usually chalk it up to my ignorance!

Popular Posts