Nod Over Coffee

"All the unsaid words that I might be thinking... They would not be enough No they would not be enough." This song was written by the late Mark Heard. Here are the lyrics. The words float around and find their way into my musical musings and they seem like an appropriate soundtrack for this time in my life... The video is the Mark Heard original from a cassette! The live version is his song performed by others. (And as a side note: Have you noticed that many songwriters are better song writers than they are singers or performers? I can think of a small handful who fit this category.)

Comments

LivG said…
Good song. I like both versions! Wow, 1993 ??? I remember listening to this song when it was "new"!
TAB said…
You're right, better songwriter than singer. Definitely like the live version better. Still, can't go wrong with the original.

Popular Posts