"You Never (Never with Some Power) Outgrow Your Need For The Gospel"



John Piper in a Sermon Jam (and I don't mean like a "traffic jam" or "strawberry jam" I mean like "music jam"!) And just in case the "Sermon Jam" link does not open for you, go to this site and listen to John Piper's Strength Remix in Volume 5 of the Jam Volumes!
And while you're there in Volume 5 after listening to Strength Remix, my suggestion is to click on John Piper's Fly to Him (because for me, it was a tie between these two for a Sermon Jam Post. Mike made a decision and broke the tie for me!) so after listening to the two which tied, if you please, check out the other Sermon Jams too!


Comments

LivG said…
OK, can I just say WEIRD!!!

I can't quite listen because the music gets too distracting.
Laurie said…
Liv, Of course you can say, "Weird".
I hadn't thought how the music could be distracting for an auditory learner such as you are! But yes, I certainly see your point! (I'm out of Homeschool Teacher/Mom mode I guess!)
Maybe if I listen to it a few more times I can quote it for you without music distraction! Ha. I'm sure that won't happen!
It's weird to me that most Moms can concertrate to do ANYTHING! when kids are talking, singing, whining etc. in the background. That must be a gift God gives to young Moms!
TAB said…
Funky and great words and I don't say that glibly!
Zoanna said…
I'm with Olivia and Tab. The music kind of bugs me (the repetition and creepiness (I don't get how weird music enhances it) but the words are dynamic. Simple but dynamic. Classic Piper.
Anonymous said…
Desiring God is one of my favorite ministries! I love that they provide the Gospel every day for FREE, and that John Piper is not afraid to address tough portions of scripture.
Anonymous said…
I just listened to them both. I would have needed a tie breaker, too.

I love your observation about how moms can do anything with all kind of noise going on. The music didn't bother me at all. (But I can see how it could.)

Popular Posts