Here's the Thing

Everybody I know says they need just one thing And what they really mean is that they need just one thing more And everybody seems to think they've got it coming Well I know that I don't deserve You Still I want to love and serve You more and more You're my one thing Save me from those things that might distract me Please take them away and purify my heart I don't want to lose the eternal for the things that are passing 'Cause what will I have when the world is gone If it isn't for the love that goes on and on with My one thing You're my one thing And the pure in heart will see God
Lyrics by Rich Mullins from "My One Thing"
This song keeps floating around in my head. I know I've mentioned this before, but I love Mullin's gift of songwriting. I love his way with words. I love that he is now realizing the full glory of all that he marveled at and longed for while here on earth! "The stuff of Earth competes For the allegiance I owe only to the giver Of all good things." "And if I weep let it be as a man Who is longing for his home." (from "If I Stand") No more competion and no more weeping for Rich!

Comments

LivG said…
Great songs!

Wow, what must that be like to be in the Glory of God for eternity?

Amazing!
TAB said…
Thanks Mom for the reminder. Great song(s)!

Popular Posts