Almost Every Sunday I am Reminded of Reasons

I appreciate our elders. As shepherds of our flock, these men teach truth, preach well and lead in love. My few words don't go far enough to adequately describe these men or show appreciation. Justin- Quiet, Deliberate, Thoughtful, Passionate, Humble, Steadfast and Hopeful. I am very often reminded of George Baily from "It's a Wonderful Life" as I listen to Justin. (I hope Justin considers it a compliment that he reminds me of George Baily, as it is meant to be a compliment.) John- Reserved, but Bold (Hmmm. Sounds like fine wine!), Unpretentious, Equitable, Gracious and Approachable. John's job involves some world travel to places most of us only dream about but even so, humility becomes him. Mike- Passionate, Honest, Faithful, Merciful, Humorous, Patient and Long suffering. (He must get much practice at patience and long suffering since he lives with me. And since I live with him, I can attest that these qualities are truly exemplified in his life.) In praying for these men, many specific requests come to mind, but here I summarize a prayer: Dear Lord, grant these men grace to love You more, love more like You, love Christ, the Living Word and His body, the church. Please lead them. Thank You for their leading. Soli Deo Gloria "But we request of you brethern, that you appreciate those who diligetly labor among you, and have charge over you in the Lord and give you instruction, and that you esteem them very highly in love because of their work." 1 Thessalonians 5: 12,13

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very well said, Laurie! I am very thankful as well, that the Lord has led these three soldiers of His into this new territory but fail miserably at expressing adequate appreciation and gratefulness in how they so humbly and willingly lead us week after week!! So, heres three cheers and prayers of gratitude for Mike, Justin, and John, any may our Lord continue to guide them on this not so easy journey!! And may we as sheep, submissively follow their leading!!
Adam Parker said…
I amen everything you just said as well, Laurie. I am in admiration of their love of the Scriptures and their willingness to serve all of us at Coram Deo in the way that they do.
Anonymous said…
What thoughtful, encouraging comments.

They are blessed to have someone in the church to support them in this way, and to take the time to express gratitude so beautifully...
Anonymous said…
Amen! I still reflect on my year with CDF as under the best leadership I ever had. Though my new church is proving to have similar godly leadership.
I guess it is better that I remind you of George Bailey as opposed to Beatle Bailey :) Your continued prayers are vital and coveted. Thanks for the kind words.

Popular Posts