Abilene and Smoky Valley Trains


Inspired by this train video seen on 22 Words, I remembered a few train photos from a recent Sunday Drive to Abilene, KS.

Until the rails were "unlaid" in our town for the "Rails to Trails" project, trains could be heard rumbling through the town in the middle of the night. There was something comforting about the rumbling and the engineers' various whistles. I've always lived where trains could be heard, so though the nicely paved walking/riding trail is nice, I do miss the trains… These trains are in Abilene, Kansas.









Not a train car, but rather a train truck!

More about trains in Abilene here.

Comments

TAB said…
I love these pictures. The trains look so clean.
I used to love the boxcar children and I've often thought it would be fun to refurbish a circle of trains into a home.
Zoanna said…
Great photos. I don't know what it is about trains that's so intriguing to the young and old alike. But these old cars sure are colorful and have cool lines.

Popular Posts