Uncle Cecil-facebook-Cell Phones

My Uncle Cecil passed away recently after a long fight with illness. He lived in Florida. Cecil is my Mom's dear brother. Last night Early this morning when I couldn't sleep (again) I got up to check e-mail. There was a friend invite for facebook from my cousin, Brady. I thought about waiting to respond in more reasonable morning hours, but I clicked on over and read his "wall" only to find out our uncle had died. What an interesting and prime example of the value of facebook.
My folks are now driving and on their way home from West Virginia and Ohio. They don't have a cell phone, so can't be contacted. Mom has been very good about calling as they travel which I really appreciate, but it makes me a bit apprehensive that they are unreachable as they are traveling since they don't have a cell phone.
(I know we got along for years without cell phones, but it's such a great convenience to have access this way.)
The ability to know news almost instantly (news we can do nothing about) gives us more time to worry and stew OR gives us time to pray and give our burdens to the Lord.
I'm full of wondering as I write. 


Uncle Cecil in his Navy uniform.
This photo was taken many years ago.
He will be missed.
.Posted by Picasa

Comments

TAB said…
Wow! I just found out via your blog!
Laurie said…
Tab- I guess you read how I found out- via facebook...
I talked to dear Aunt Arlene this morning too. Can't wait to hear from Grandma B.. Love ya babe.
Mom

And PS You never did tell me if you think Naomi has any resemblance in the eyes or mouth (?) to Uncle Cecil. Can you see it at all?
There's something, but I'm not sure what.
Maybe it's "the look".
z said…
I'm sorry for your loss. Yes, technology has its pros and cons. I have a love/hate rel'ship w/ it.
TAB said…
It's the nose and eyes and mouth area I think. There is something about the look too.

Popular Posts