My Vision

Nystagmus and MS - "With this condition sufferers experience uncontrolled eye movements resulting in jumping vision. Very often this is accompanied by dizziness. The condition can be very mild, sometimes only occurring when the person looks to the side. It can however be severe enough to impair vision."
(Laurie's note: Blindness or intermittent blindness can also be an MS symptom.)
The definition above is an eye condition that sometimes shows up as an MS symptom.  In my experience so far, it is rare, but does show up randomly from time to time. I want to say, "Whatever. This is not my concern." But it honestly concerns me, today especially. It is annoying, but not debilitating. I worry though. What if it gets worse? What if I lose my vision? What if and how would I... and my list spans larger than a panoramic eye view! Over lunch as I shared my concern/fear, my dear friend Ruth tells me, "You can't go there, Laurie." And I tell her I'm already there! But her point is well taken and she directs my attention back to our Lord and His grace sufficient for each moment. He is my Vision in vision or blindness. It's true. Now my vision is blurred from tears in part because I fear and in greater part because I know I have a Vision greater than all I can see!

"Still be my vision, Oh Ruler of all!"

Comments

zoanna said…
It's always funny when people say, "Don't go there." Your reply was exactly mine: "I'm already there!" But I know she meant well, and did well, by steering your "vision" away from "there" (where you can do nothing to change it anyway, and only get yourself into a worse frenzy/sinful state of worry). "Thou wilt keep in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee."

Be Thou My Vision is my hubby's favorite hymn. He wants it sung at his funeral. I told him I'll be too choked up. He'll have to sing it. :)
Anonymous said…
Love you Laurie! I miss you.
Carolyn
TAB said…
So, you've been losing vision? Or that annoying twitching thingy inside your eye is coming on again? I've been asking how you are.....
Laurie,I hope I did not sound trite or glib in what I said. I know how easily the thought process can lead us to the valley of fear where we lose sight of our Hope. I know (as you know) how hard it is to "take every thought captive". But we must!
Laurie said…
Zoanna-
Yep! "already there" is familiar territory!
The way cool thing about "Be Thou My Vision" and funerals is that at that time, we'll be in His presence and see Him as He is, so we won't have to pray that He'll "be our Vision", we'll SEE HIM face-to-face~! Wow!
Laurie said…
Thanks Carolyn!
Me too!
Laurie said…
Tab- I'd much rather hear about you and your family! I know you ask, and I do appreciate it! (And you know that I don't hold back info. or complaints!) That eye thing just kinda showed up yesterday. Thankfully it is better this evening! No, I have not lost sight- it was just "jumpin" like behind my eye. Grrrr.
Laurie said…
Ruth-
You did NOT sound trite or glib at all! I needed to hear truth and reassurance! Thank you sincerely!
Chris said…
Praying with you about all these things!

Popular Posts