Here's the Thing: Okay, Here are Some Things

 "Simple Woman's Daybook Entry"
Outside my window… our neighbors’ flower garden has been exceptional this year! A profusion of colorful Zinnias, Roses, Dahlias, Lamb's Ear and round purple globe flowers for drying, set against a background of green vine which recently bloomed with fragrant white flowers and draped over a fence!

I am thinking… God is good and faithful. I’m not just thinking that, I’m knowing and clinging to that because the truth remains, so I want the Truth to steer and control my thinking… regardless of feelings!


I am thankful for… house plants (and the various pots of geraniums that were brought in this year.) They all have buds, so I anticipate their opening. I’m not sure how they will fare for winter, but as long as possible, we’ll enjoy them!


From the kitchen… Celestial Seasoning’s Candy Cane Lane tea! (Not just for the holidays!)


I am wearing… p.j. pants and a comfy long-sleeved tee.


I am creating… a list of Thanksgiving meal options… going out to eat is an option on that list! Very creative!

I am going… to see God! (John 5:24)


I am reading… Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli and The God I Love by Joni


I am hoping… in Christ alone! (John 14:6)


I am hearing… the hum of our desktop computer and the tick-talking of the wall clock.


Around the house… It’s home. It's quiet and peaceful.


One of my favorite things… The fresh scent of geraniums!


A few plans for the rest of the week… to baby-sit for grand-cuties, Eleanor and Chloe while Olivia and Sean have a special field trip, to clear the mountain of clothes needing put away and to be more thankful!


A picture thought I’m sharing… Geraniums! Quiet, Happy, Fragrant and Fun!



Thanks to Zoanna who gave me the idea and thanks to this blog author who gave Zoanna the idea for a
"Simple Woman's Daybook Entry"!

Comments

Anonymous said…
you are a special person


dad
Laurie said…
Dad-
You are special and loved!
LivG said…
Good stuff!

Not that I will be here, but my vote is GO OUT TO EAT for Thanksgiving!
Laurie said…
Liv-
You been talkin to Grandma!?
Chris said…
Love the geraniums--we always had them growing up!

I drink Christmas tea all year, too!
Besides Candy Cane Lane, I enjoy Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride and Sugar Plum Spice.

Joni is also an author I like...
Chris said…
My entries are posted here:

http://theinvisiblegod.com/?p=685

Popular Posts