Abba Father! Papa! My God!

For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” Romans 8:15


“I think this sweet word Abba was chosen to show us that we are to be very natural with God, not stilted and formal. We are to be very affectionate, to come close to Him and be bold to lie in His bosom, looking up into His face and speaking with holy boldness.
“Abba” is not a word, somehow, but a babe’s lisping.
Oh, how near we are to God when we can use such speech! Be satisfied to offer to God broken language, words salted with your griefs, wetted with your tears. Go to Him with holy familiarity and be not afraid to cry in His presence, “Abba Father."
Charles Spurgeon

Comments

TAB said…
Good reminder!
Rachelle said…
oh, I love this quote from Spurgeon, just what I needed today, at this moment. If I counted the times I have not even had words to express to God my heart, it would outnumber the times I have.
Thanks for the reminder! Sometimes when it's tough, I forget Abba. Not His Presence or His goodness but that He is my Abba.

Popular Posts