"Habit Is Inevitable"

Recently, I was reminded of the importance and inevitability of habits. The book, For The Children’s Sake, by Susan Schaeffer Macaulay was brought to mind. I located our book then wondered if I could find the quote. Sure enough the page had been dog-eared. I’m not a fan of dog-eared pages, but in this case, I was glad for the ease in finding the page! The quote: “We have lost sight of the fact that habit is to life what rails are to transport cars. It follows that lines of habit must be laid down toward given ends and after careful survey, or the joltings and delays of life become unsupportable. More, habit is inevitable. If we fail to ease life by laying down habits of right thinking and right acting, habits of wrong thinking and wrong acting fix themselves of their own accord.”

Comments

TAB said…
This is so true! I need to remember this often in the training of the kiddos!

Popular Posts