Two Concerts and Almost Four Inches of Rain (So Far)

A Clarinet Quartet in honor of Sharon. Sharon is not a kid. She's several years older than me, but I know she'd like this quartet! These kids are good! They are playing a Gershwin tune.

This afternoon was our dear and amazing blind friend, Sharon's Salina Chorale Concert at the beautifully remodeled Art Deco Fox Theatre. It is now called the Stiefel Theatre. Sharon gifted Christine, Joanna and me with tickets. We drove 15 miles to the concert in the rain then back home in the rain! And by rain, I mean mostly steady to hard rain with lightening and thunder!

Sharon loves clarinet! The concert was a vocal concert, but she was featured as a soloist playing her clarinet. She played a lovely arrangement of an old song called, "Stranger in Paradise". I couldn't find a video version featuring clarinet, but can you top Gershwin?

Front door flowers. The photo was taken today after arriving home from Sharon's concert. A happy sight amidst the rains thunder and lightening! Christine's Golden Belt Vocal Festival was Friday evening. The home schooled students practiced all day then gave the concert that evening. Fun stuff!

Her sweet friend, Joanna also came with us to hear Christine's choir perform! I didn't get photos of Sharon or her choir, but I did get photos of the rain gauge showing almost 4 inches of rain. (Yes, the photo is upside down and a might dark) but there it is. A view to our neighbor's yard showing not a pond, but a yard full of water!
Our sad back pond, I mean back yard. The buffalo grass has yet to green up! We planted it a couple years ago since it is a Kansas native and thrives in dry and sunny heat. Not much of that yet this year, but summer is coming! There is a gorgeous green wheat field behind our house!
It continues to rain and it is past bedtime!
We have been praying for rain!
Blank space...

Comments

Terri said…
Your pond (yard) looks like ours! The horses are loving the extra water to drink from, but otherwise it is a slush pond here!Please no more rain for a few weeks.
zo said…
Those kids ARE good. You always hold your breath when kids are about to perform. (Sweet or sour notes coming? you ask.) Bravo to them.

Send some of your rain our way. We've had 3 90 degree days in a row, and I don't mean by angle!
Laurie said…
Terri-
Sometimes "when it rains, it pours"! God warer the earth and provides water for the animals!
Nice blessings!

Zoanna-
I wish I coiuld send some up east!
I knew what you meant. :0) but I think I've actually had 90 degree angle days too!
Laurie said…
Terri- I forgot to edit. I meant 'waters' not 'warer'. Oh brother!
LivG said…
Awesome! Though I still don't miss playing...yet! It sure calmed Chloe down though and made the kids dance! I can't believe you drove there and back in all that rain!!! Actually I can, you are my mother after all and I know you pretty well! I'm sure it was a great concert! By the way, I do realize that the video and the concert were two separate things. When I re-read my comment, it looked like I was talking about the same thing.
TAB said…
That quartet was good! Loved how they really seemed to get into it!
I'm glad you were able to get to Sharon's concert.
Looks like the girls had a good time at the vocal clinic. Thanks for sharing the pics.
I remember how rainy it gets! Hey, it was raining during the vocal clinic as well?
Our rainy season is during James'birthday month and mine and into October. That's hurricane season.
Laurie said…
Liv and Tab- Christine was remembering when drove home in that scary t-storm on adoption day after court. I'm sure you remember that! Crazy, scary!
Vocal Clinic weather was nice and mild! But remember it was SNOWED out in April!

Popular Posts