Spring Hope in the Garden

Lately we have enjoyed the sort of spring weather that beckons us outside. All too soon the summer sun will bear down and burn off the coolness. So tonight we pruned roses in the cool of the evening. We have 12 Knock Out Roses bordering a garden off of our patio. They usually don’t need pruning, but since we had a late frost that shocked some of the branches we decided to prune. I rather like pruning, especially working alongside Mike, but before we were done and the sunset faded, I went inside to get our camera. These photographs were taken around 8 in the evening and some were taken using the night shot setting. I am such a novice, but I have fun experimenting!
The Metal Man A Metal Tag Specifically a Metal Tag for "Radrazz Knockout Rose"
The rose thorns held onto this Oak leaf through the fall and winter and into spring. (Is there a lesson here?)
Korean Spice Viburnum. Oh, the sweet, soft and spicy scent.
Sunset through the Vibernum
Mike with the sunset behind him!
Time to call it a day!

Comments

Chris said…
We have knockout roses, too--so beautiful and long blooming!
Anonymous said…
Hope you didn't get severe with the pruning. They did get a little frozen this year though. Love the picture of Mike. Frame it!!!!! Love, Mom b.
TAB said…
Nice pictures, Mom. Wish the kids could've "helped". They love the outdoors.
LivG said…
Looks like a lovely way to spend an evening! And I am sure there is a lesson there with the leaf and the thorns...
zz said…
Cool lighting, though I can't decide if the one of Mike is a scant bit creepy. When I first opened it, my thought was, "he looks like he just murdered someone at the base of a ravine at sunset and decided to capture the deed on film." (I've watched too many episodes of CSI, haven't I?)

Popular Posts