Here's the Thing (Of Rhinestones and Gems)

Rhinestone Alert!
Movies are like rhinestones, but sometimes we discover a gem.
Sometimes we are pleasantly surprised and delighted in a movie we rent. I love when that happens! But often we're lured by the title or description and we're sorely disappointed in the movie.
Into the Wild was one such rhinestone movie. However, I jotted down two quotes I liked as we were watching the movie before I knew it would have such a disappointing and disturbing ending.
No, I would not recommend the movie. But I did like these two contrasting word pictures from the movie. I've experienced both.
"This love has got no ceiling."
"A burden lay down on me full length."
Have you experienced either (or both) of these?
Movies are like rhinestones, but sometimes we discover a gem! If you know of any gems, please share the treasure!

Comments

Chris said…
Those are really great word pictures!

As for movie gems, don't forget that Train Master is being released on DVD May 12, and you can preorder it at Amazon.com now.

I hope you enjoy it!
TAB said…
Yep, definitely.
zz said…
Ooh, those ARE good quotes. Thanks for your review of ITW. I trust your judgment ( I have a feeling we're similar in our movie tastes.)

Losing my wedding ring a week ago was a burden laid down on me full length. But thankfully I found it last nigh! I moved Joel's dresser to look for it. Today I'm paying for it the length of my body in pain. I didn't have the courage to admit to Paul I'd lost it and ask him to move the dresser. Ben is still reoovering from shoulder surgery in that he shouldn't lift heavy stuff yet.

Best movie I've seen in a long time is Bella. It's been out a while so you've probably seen it.
It's hard to make a movie please me.
Laurie said…
Chris- I must remember Train Master!
I'll rent it locally when it is available! Thanks for the recommendation!

Zoanna- I'm so pleased you found your ring! Yes, that was a full length burden!
I've seen Bella and did like it.
Thanks!

Two other more current Gems I may have shared before are: THE VISITOR and
MRS. PALFREY AT THE CLAREMONT.

Anytime I give a reccomendation I like to add a disclaimer. Some folks are okay with language, heated scenes and the like. I'm not comfortable with much of either in a movie. However both of my recommendations have a little of both, but in my opinion not enough to discredit or discount the movies.

Popular Posts