Riding Horseback Through Horsethief Canyon at Kanopolis Lake in Celebration of Christine's Birthday, Kansas and God's Creation

Here's my stack of books and the journal I intended to enjoy while Joanna and Christine rode horses for 2 and 1/2 hours. I dropped the girls off at Rockin K Corral, drove to the entrance of Horsethief Canyon and had a change of heart and mind. I drove back and they were still getting saddled and preparing for the ride. Wrangler Walt was happy to add another rider and he proved to be a great guide!


Joanna and Christine took a brisk walk in the chilly Kansas wind to get warmed up for the ride.


Christine, Joanna, Amarillo and Wrangler Walt


Christine and Wonder


I'm on Holly.
She's a sweet one.

And for the record, let me say again as I did while riding the trail surrounded by beautiful limestone and sandstone, rolling hills, pasture and prarie land and the yucca just turning spring green under a big blue sky, "God is good and I love Kansas!"



























Comments

TAB said…
I'm glad that you went! I'm sure it was a fun ride even if it was cold!
Anonymous said…
What a beautiful day!
Zoanna said…
OH, how much fun was THAT? I'm jealous. I've just GOT to get back to KS, link arms w/ Barb, and then join you for another ride at Kanopolis Lake. I remember the year when our kids were about 9 and under Barb's family and we went tubinbg there. Great blue sky and warm Kanopolis water. Love it! It looks like a great way to spend a birthday!
LivG said…
Wow, looks like fun!!! Wish I could go too!
Laurie said…
If my sore muscles ever recover from sitting in the saddle for so long :0 I'd love to go again (I think!) I didn't mention how nervous I was to try this since I'm imbalanced and weak from MS!
Getting on that horse with some help was fine. It was the getting off that scared me! (But once I hit the ground I stayed on my feet and didn't even fall! Whew! God is merciful.)
It was another reminder of my my pride and need for humility (and that's a good thing I'm sure)! It was such fun!!
Anonymous said…
There was no doubt in my mind you couldn't do it!!! Remember the little train trying to get up that hill??? I know I can, I know I can,I know I can, I must!!! I always think of that little book and the train that made it!! Determination!!
Your pictures are great! Take car, Love, Mom B.
Laurie said…
Thanks Mom! You are a great encourager!
Love ya!

Popular Posts