Music Is What Feelings Sound Like (Anon.)

In September of 2008 I wrote about my Zune 80 GB MP3 player and the frustrations, headaches and 2nd thoughts I was having about it. Admittedly I was having some fun listening to music and condensing 100s of cds to an MP3 player similar in size to a cell phone, but after such frustrations, the honest truth is I am still trying to convince myself about the whole Microsoft Zune thing, (instead of an iPod) which makes me question: a. my wisdom and b. product superiority However, since we made the perceptually informed decision on the Zune player and because of time spent on crashes causing inability to return the player for a refund, (We sent it in to the company for an exchange) a Zune is what is storing our tunes. It took me all this time to find the wherewithal to try it again! It was like a dark Zune path was stretching before me and I was lacking the adventurous spirit to move ahead! But when the path was finally taken it was smoother than I expected and the end result is 293 cds, which is 3469 songs, installed on the Zune and cataloged into 10 genres. It was because my friend, Jill loaned me a couple cds with the suggestion of putting them on my Zune mp3 player, a suggestion that made me shudder at the prospect of a Zune crash (again), that spurred me on to the Zune path adventure this week. I know she wants her cds back soon, so I had some motivation to get it finished! One time (or more) when Jill was at my home and heard music playing in the background, she mentioned that it sounded so sad and wondered if it made me sad to listen. I agreed that the music sounded a little melancholy, but said it was also contemplative which appeals to my introspective spirit. (I think at that moment she must have thought I was more depressed than she had thought) but I do enjoy a beautiful, even sad sounding tune. The cds Jill loaned me by Acoustic Eidolon, a husband/wife duo, who she has had the pleasure of seeing perform a few times, play some emotionally stirring tunes (sad if you will) and since Jill has been moved by the music of Acoustic Eidolon, I'm including a song here. I am thankful for Jill’s encouragement from an inspired heart and musically touched emotions. The gift of music is balm for a sad spirit, fireworks for a joyful heart and like a prayer when words don’t go far enough. Here is Acoustic Eidolon playing a lovely tune called Asia Rain.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think sad music can make us sad if there are sad things going on around us. If things are going well, it is more like bittersweet, which includes rejoicing along with sorrowing.

That is a good title because music is a language that does communicate feelings. I used to think it was a frivolous extra, but now I see it as inseparable from our day to day lives.
TAB said…
I love music and I love to sing!!!!!
Music speaks to the heart strings.
LivG said…
Beautiful music!

I find myself listening to "sad" music too sometimes. I don't know what it is that draws me to it, but I usually prefer it.

Popular Posts