Hot Chocolate and Yummy Sweet Chocolate Strawberry Strata at Mom M's

Several years back we bought this sweet tomten set at the Swedish Crafts in town for Mike's mom, Marylin. Today she had Christine and me over for an afternoon sweet treat in celebration of Christine's birthday.Marylin, my mom-in-law...and the black fur around her neck is a poodle named Jody.
I like dogs! But as Ken Ham says, "Now before the poodle lovers of the world unite, I do not hate poodles. They may be degenerate mutants, but they are cute ones! " (Though I may have to disagree with Ken Ham on the "cute" part, especially when she barks up a storm and gets underfoot whenever anyone make a move for the door!) You can see I got a photo shot of Jody's backside. She usually does a whole wrap-around the neck thing, but today she just flopped over. There are some animals that help give a reality check about my perceived need for a dog. Jody is my reality check! But the dog "stole" aside, my mom-in-law is a jewel!



Happy Birthday, dear Christine!

Comments

Zoanna said…
When I first saw the picture w/ the dog, I couldn't tell what it was. I was just saying, "What IS that thing going down into her glass?" I had to enlarge the photo to get a better look.
Anonymous said…
"What IS that thing...?"
You see what I mean?!!
Anonymous said…
What a delightful day! The kids and I go to Tea Time almost every Thursday afternoon at the home of one of our church friends. Her home is open from 1-5 PM each week for anyone who wants to stop in. It used to be just Cherith and me representing our family, but since Malachi came along one day for Cherith's birthday, it has become customary for several of the teenage boys to stop in, as well. It's kind of like Starbucks to them--but with the hospitality of home.
TAB said…
Crazy poodle and the "mama" of that dog is pretty silly too! But, I do love that grandma! What a nice treat for you guys. Yes! Happy Birthday, Christine.
TAB said…
P.S. I really like the picture of the tea set. It's very artisically done.
Laurie said…
Yes! Home is always more hospitable than Starbacks, cobwebs and all!

Yes, we do love and appreciated grandma, Tab. And thanks for the compliment my artsy girl!
LivG said…
Hahaha!!! Grandma and her "baby"! Cute tea set. I think I like that Ken Ham quote. Happy B-day to C again!

Popular Posts