Christine Dreams of Horses

I remember the same dream as a girl! Christine and her friend, Joanna, came up with a grand idea to ride horses for Christine's birthday on March 2nd. You would think that in Kansas where it seems that about every 7 miles in the countryside there is a pasture with at least a couple of horses, there would be somewhere close by to rent a horse to ride. We're thinking Kanopolis State Park and Lake may have horse rentals. We have inquired and we'll see if they respond. Until then, Christine dreams on and enjoys a book of wonderful horse photographs called The Majestic Horse.
Two quotes from the book:
"There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man." W. Churchill
"The Horse: Friendship without envy, beauty without vanity, nobility without conceit, a willing partner, yet no slave." Anon.

Comments

LivG said…
That sounds like fun! I hope they are able to do that! It has been forever since I road a horse. I would probably feel like I just had a baby if I went on a ride heeheehee!
TAB said…
I think my horseback riding and dreaming of owning a horse got fulfilled at KBC. I had my fill and didn't need it anymore. But, then, I am not a huge animal lover either.
Anonymous said…
I hope it will be a beautiful day for your adventure!

Happy Birthday, Christine!

Popular Posts