Seeming Insignificances

But words are things, and a small drop of ink, Falling like dew, upon a thought, produces That which makes thousands, perhaps millions, think. —Lord Byron, Though Lord Byron captures a truth with his words, I rather smirk when I read them while pondering anew that question:
“So, why do I blog?” 
The answer is pale and truth is 
My words don’t waste much ink 
Or cause many to think, 
But they are my words 
And my thoughts 
Minuscule may they be 
They matter … 
Considering A drop of dew to an ocean 
And my God Whose "thoughts to me outnumber the sand."

Comments

Anonymous said…
Byron was awesome. He also wrote "The Destruction of Sennacherib" which is one of my favorites.
TAB said…
I always enjoy what you have to say-your thoughts are important to me too!
Zoanna said…
I like your words, too, both here and on my blog. I was encouraged when on the brink of breaking from my seeming insignificances. My husband still thinks blogging insignificances is a big time waster in the whole scheme of things, so I may be taking another break soon for his sake.
Anonymous said…
Such a beautiful perspective!

Popular Posts