Foam Phones "Sometimes Nonsense Makes the Most Sense"

Sean and I had conversations with foam phones this evening. Sean calls:"Ring! Ring! Answer Grammy! Who's your name gonna be?"
I answer: "Hello. This is Penelope Pumpkin Pelican Pie. Who is calling?"
Sean: Giggling in his irresistible way and barely able to talk straight says, "This is Too-kie." (giggle, giggle, giggle)
I say: "Oh, hello Too-kie! (More giggles from Sean) I'm so glad you called. What you are doing?"
Sean: "I gootle toonock kwopeldoo" (or some such made-up words)
and he giggles some more.
Me: "I love you. Ya wanna sing me a song?"
Sean: "Yeah, and you can sing with me."
Me: "Okay. Bye Bye, See ya later."
Sean: "Okay. See ya. Bye Bye."
Then he gets in the middle of the room behind Mike's music stand and I begin to sing then Sean, Eleanor, Grandad, Christine and Mommy Olivia join in on, "He's got the whole world in His hands... "
(ALL the verses for everyone in the room and then some.)
Christine and baby Chloe. Olivia and Eleanor
And Mike, because he has to live up to his quirky reputation, balances a toy hammer on his head to entertain the grand kids! (Sean giggles even more when we call Grandad "Hammerhead Grandad".) I love this man!

Comments

LivG said…
Oh, such fun times!
Anonymous said…
That is delightful--foam phones, paper cup phones, finger phones, yarn phones, toilet paper roll cardboard tube phones, Lincoln Log phones--I remember those days...

And the singing! He's Got the Whole World was one of our favorites, too:)
Caryn said…
That was such cute dialogue between you two. That reminds me of the fun & learning in pretend play with kids. My daughter is starting to want to pretend play. It's so sweet!

Popular Posts