Trouble! Oh We Got Trouble. Right here in River City! With a capital "T" That Rhymes with "P" And that Stands for Pool!

My packet of Sen Sen won at our family's Christmas Bingo game first reminded me of my Grandma (written about in the next post) then I thought of the "Ya Got Trouble" song from The Music Man. Sen Sen is mentioned in the lyrics. Preston sings, "And braggin' all about how they're gonna cover up a tell-tale breath with Sen-Sen". I hope the song below is bait to catch your attention and if you've never seen the original Music Man, you'll watch it soon. If you have seen it, watch it again! Make sure to see the original superior version! Robert Preston from the original IS the Music Man! Thanks to Mike, The Music Man is one of my very favorite movies. They've improved on breath perfume, but Oh, they don't make movies like they used to!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I haven't seen the Music Man in ages. I'll definitely have to rent it again.

I also love the Sound of Music.
Anonymous said…
Thought you'd be happy to hear I went and rented the original "Music Man" movie tonite!!
Didn't start it yet, had to start watching the "Fellowship?" tonite, half way through it and it's not too bad!! So, I'll let you know when we get to Music Man so you can quiz me!!
Laurie said…
I am happy you are going to watch the Music Man soon! I think you'll like it! (I'd think Andrew would too!) I want to hear his impressions of Professor Harold Hill!
Sojourner said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
KP said…
I need to watch it. I just now got around to watching The Wizard of Oz.

KP
Anonymous said…
Trivia about me: I played Amaryllis in a community theatre version of "The Music Man." My dad was a River City fireman. He had only one line--delivered during the Tar and Feather Him scene-- but what made my mom, sisters, and I laugh about it (it was a serious line) was how often he had used it at home long before AND long after we were in the play. With four women in the house, getting ready to go anywhere, Daddy was always pacing, and would ask, "Well? What are we waiting for?"

I can still quote almost every line from it when I watch it. I must say, though, I thought Harold Hill was saying "sin sin." What is Sen-Sen?
Laurie said…
Zoanna,
The packets are about the size of a wet wipe packet, but not as bulky. Oh they are strange, small as confetti black squares. (Small, but mighty!) Maybe it's an acquired taste.
You played Amaryllis!!! Fun! And your dad, a fireman! "Well, what are we waiting for?" (I love it!)
Do you have a Cracker Barrel nearby? Maybe an old fashioned drug store? They may have a packet of Sen Sen. You could also order online...! They are "an experience"!
Anonymous said…
Karston,
Yes! Do watch it soon! Wanna borrow it?

Popular Posts