Reasons For Thankfulness

Mike is vacuuming in places most often forgotten. This wasn't even on my list to do, but he is just that kind of guy. What a man! I'm thankful! Every year for the past several years, we have taken a big group Thanksgiving photo with the camera timer setting. My brother, John, is the runner from camera to group. This year we didn't get around to it. There were at least 5 reasons we didn't do it this year: They are pictured here in Indian Feather Headbands made by Olivia! Actually all 5 grandkids took naps at the same time! We were all thankful! By the time they got awake, many guests had already gone, so we didn't get the group photograph. My dad enjoys being the shrimp chef. I'm thankful! What a man!
Five in a row ready to eat! They all ate, happily, and for that, I am thankful!
After dinner, Mike's dad read a book to Naomi. I'm thankful that he gets to enjoy his great grandchildren. He glows when they're around. Glows and laughs a lot!
This is a beautiful bouquet sent to us from my dear Aunt Arlene and Uncle Doyle from Ohio. I do wish they could have been here with us. I'm thankful for a gorgeous fresh flower gift!
For the joy of human love, brother, sister, parent, child, friends on earth and friends above, for all gentle thoughts and mild; Lord of all, to thee we raise this our hymn of grateful praise.
For Thyself, best Gift Divine
To the world so freely given
For that great, great love of Thine
Peace on earth and joy in heaven:
Lord of all, to Thee we raise
This our hymn of grateful praise.
Folliot Pierpoint

Comments

Anonymous said…
Beautiful family pics and a lovely hymn!

Thanks for sharing:)
Anonymous said…
Thanks Chris!
I love this hymn!
Wow. . ..you are SO SO BLESSED!
Anonymous said…
I've enjoyed browsing your blog and looking at all the wonderful pictures of the Loves in your life!! What special memories! And all your wonderful family traditions are what add glue to these memories. You're an inspiration to me Laurie, in so many ways! I love ya, sister!!

Popular Posts