...And Be Thankful

"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful." Colossians 3:15 It is not that I don't have reason to be thankful. I can list at least 100 reasons in 2 minutes! Reasons for thankfulness abound! Being thankful is another matter! Though there are times when thankfulness naturally overflows, usually thankfulness is a choice as worries or anxieties fill up the space where peace should be, crowding out thankfulness. Today as I followed a Thanksgiving meal recipe, I thought of Colossians 3:15 as a sort of recipe for thankfulness. Just as a cake doesn't come together without measures and steps, so it is with thankfulness. When I follow a recipe I am intentional as I look forward to the outcome. I need to be more intentional about thankfulness not only on Thanksgiving, but always! Today we ate at our local authentic Mexican Restaurant (at least the owners and employees seem much more comfortable speaking Spanish) my daughter noticed a sign on the door reading: “We will be closed on the Thanksgiving day.” We both chuckled at “THE Thanksgiving day”, but then thought how appropriate that was! Thanksgiving is THE thanksgiving day for most Americans, but each day is, or should be, “The thanksgiving day” for God’s children.

Comments

LivG said…
Such a great reminder! Thanks!!!

Popular Posts