Laughing and Crying, You Know it's the Same Release

I love those lyrics from Joni Mitchell's song, People's Parties. Just ask my daughter, Liv and me. We both can testify to the truth of "laughing and crying, you know it's the same release"! Call it stress. Call it "sucking it up" for too long, but once in a while the emotions give and we just have to cry or laugh or both simultaneously. I'm guessing it's a hormonal girl thing since Mike never does this. We always recover. At least we have so far. It is comforting to know that Truth is unwavering when feelings are screaming to the contrary. I was recently complaining to myself (again) about my weak and lazy mind and was reminded of this "weak and lazy" lyric which then reminded me of the "laughing and crying' lyric in the same song. Yes, it's an old song! Here's the song and Court and Spark album cover:

Comments

LivG said…
My poor son...everytime I get to laughing really hard about something he is afraid that I am going to start crying!

Popular Posts