Coronado Heights

The summer-into-fall weather beckoned us to the closest Kansas hill just a few miles from home. Coronado Heights is situated in the Smoky Hills. We packed up some hot dogs, marshmallows, wood for a fire and a few extras for a spur-of-the-moment cook out. "The "castle" at Coronado Heights was constructed by the Works Progress Administration in 1932. They also built the stone picnic sites, restroom, and stone front gate at the park."
V
Christine peeking over
View from the top
Henry
Naomi
Marcail
Tabitha

Comments

LivG said…
You have no idea how jealous I am right now and I am going to have to fight back the urge to say, "THAT'S NOT FAIR!". Oops, I guess I said it anyway! Looks so pretty and looks like you had fun. When my family gets healthy again I hope that we can join you for a Coronado cook out!
Laurie said…
Definitely, definitely, definitely! We'll do it soon!
The kids will love it!
Surely there are many gorgeous Autumn days yet to come!
Oh how I have missed those faces. I have this HUGE hug saved up for Tab. Tell her I can't wait to see her.
Oh how I have missed those faces. I have this HUGE hug saved up for Tab. Tell her I can't wait to see her.

Popular Posts