Yahoo, Mountain Dew!

This is the glass bottled Mountain Dew I remember from my childhood summer days at Kanopolis Lake. In between boating, water skiing, running barefoot around the rocky beach, exploring as far as we dared to wander and playing in the lake water we would come back to the ice chest full of various kinds of pop, shake the sand from our hands and reach in for an ice cold one! Some fun memories! Green Label Art from an aluminum Mountain Dew bottle. These are the new Mountain Dew bottles...aluminum. Cool. I don't even actually like Mountain Dew that much, but the art of the bottles caught my attention as I walked by the display at Scott's, our hometown food store. Christine and I each chose one. I was caught in that advertising scheme, huh?!

Comments

LivG said…
Yuck, Mountain Dew! However the bottles are very cool looking...old and new:)
I have loved Mountain Dew since the first moment I tasted it. I was 6-years-old and we had just moved from New Mexico to Lincoln, Kansas. My grandpa had a pop machine at his florist shop and my dad bought me my first bottle of MD. It had ice slivers in it and was OH SO GOOD!!!! (I think it might have also been the first time I got a whole bottle of pop to myself.)
Sadly, I don't drink it very often now. (It seems to pack more of a punch than coffee!)
Laurie said…
Ruth,
What fun memories!
I do love "first time" memories!

Popular Posts