Soul Tattoo

My friend recently surprisingly and bravely got a tattoo. Believe it or not, I suffer a little O.C.D. about editing this blog. That is not because I'm a perfectionist and need everything to be just so, obviously, but because I lack confidence! So my choice in a tattoo would most likely need to be improved on by getting a new better one to the point of my becoming a side-show attraction as the tattooed woman. (That's not much of an attraction these days!) These lyrics are from a song written by Miss Margaret Becker. Oh yeah. I love the idea of a "soul tattoo. " I hadn't thought of our having the "seal" of the Holy Spirit in our hearts as a tattoo, but I like the comparison. Skin tattoos can be removed, but the seal of the Holy Spirit and God's love will never fade away. His love is forever and ever and ever. Amen. Soul Tattoo Don't want nobody to save me From this divine romance Don't want nobody to wake me From this mysterious trance Don't make me drink black coffee sister Don't make me splash my face Because the love that I'm victim of Is the kind of love you can never erase CHORUS It's like a soul tattoo like a soul tattoo Love like this will never fade away Like a soul tattoo Don't want nobody to help me Get my heart off my sleeve Don't want nobody to tell me That I am being naive Don't make me put my coat on sister Don't make me go in the house Because the love that I'm victim of Is the kind of love you can never keep out You can rub your fingers raw But you can never get the mark to come off You can hope it will come to an end But this love is forever and ever and ever Amen (II Corinthians 1:21,22) 21 Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and anointed us is God, 22 who also sealed us and gave us the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge.

Comments

Popular Posts