The Truth about Disability 1- Part 1 & 2


In 1979, I was a hungry baby believer. I remember buying my first Bible at The Christian Supply Store in downtown Hutchinson, KS. And I remember highlighting 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 as the words jumped off the page to me!!

Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal. 


I hope the reason that those words don't jump off the page to me these days, 
is because now that they've jumped off the page; they're soaking in.





Laurie's note: I'm actually quite new to wheelchair mobility, not even a full-timer, but so far I have NOT been offended if someone asks if I need help… Help offered and help accepted can be a godsend!



Comments

Chris said…
That's one of my favorite verses--I cling to it! And I agree about help being always welcome <3
TAB said…
I loved these videos. Truly insightful! Thanks for sharing.

Popular Posts