We Have An Anchor

Last Sunday Mike shared a scripture that I've always loved. It's been going through my mind since then. "This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast and one which enters within the veil, where Jesus has entered as a forerunner for us, having become a high priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek." Hebrews 6:19,20
Then last night in the wee hours of the morning when I woke up, some words from an old song were flowing through my mind; "Be very sure. Be very sure. The Anchor holds and..."
And that's all I could recall. I thought about getting up to find the rest of the words, but I knew that would be a bad idea as far as needed sleep goes!
So I went back to sleep with "being very sure, being very sure the Anchor holds and..."
Here is the song I was thinking of in a nicely done arrangement. The second song is another lovely  "Anchor song".




Comments

LivG said…
That first song is really growing on me. We sang it two weeks ago in church and I wasn't too fond of the melody, but listening to it again, it's not about the melody, it's the words! And those sisters sang it beautifully:)
zz said…
Funny you should mention this very symbol of God. I've been wanting a silver anchor necklace lately because of my security in God, no matter what storms I might be in.

Funny also the word verif word right now. It's "impati" which is probably how impatient write the word, too impatient to finish it out!
zz said…
I meant "because it would remind me of my security in God."
TAB said…
I'm having technical difficulties w/ my computer so I havent been able to view the anchor vids u have posted. Would u be able to send me the links via e-mail?
Laurie said…
Liv- Those sisters did sing it beautifully!

Zo- Oh boy! (Or is that "Oh buoy"?!) An anchor necklace would be a lovely and symbolic!)!

Tab- I hopw you got the links!
Laurie said…
Oh buoy! Have I mentioned before that I think it would be helpful if Blogger's Comment capabilities had spell-check since I often, and usually, forget to check and edit?

Popular Posts