Early September Garden

So we can remember. 
This is most pleasing part of the garden. Other areas need some changes, and I've taken shots to help us plan, but I'll not post them until changes are made next year, Lord willing!

Ornamental peach tree, knock out roses, orange moss rose, viburnum, pussy willow, orange zinnias and some
"Black-Eyed Susans"
Bright and happy zinnias! I think some light cream-colored ones need to be added.
Lemon balm just off the patio, (already bloomed) and a "spike flowered" purple perennial that has bloomed all summer! We are considering planting some mums in raised bed in the background where we did have green beans. 
Beans or mums?
For me, mums tip the scale now, at least in that area. Wouldn't Autumn color in the background viewed from the patio be nice? 
Posted by Picasa

Comments

zz said…
Mums, for sure. Flowers always win out over food in my garden plans!

The purple spiked plant looks like salvia? It's what I have in my mailbox garden and love, love! Your happy zinnias are so inspiring. I will put those on my "next year" list for sure. What's the blue ball on the stand?
Laurie said…
Zoanna,
Thanks for your vote of mums! Yes, I'm with you! Do you see the marigold behind the lavender in the post below? Zoanna Marigolds in your honor! ;)
Yes, I think that purple spike plant may be Salvia! Thanks.
The blue glass ball is a "garden ball" decoration- sometimes referred to as a "gazing ball".
TAB said…
ZZ, the blue ball on the stand is a Gazing Ball. I believe it's sole purpose is to, well, gaze upon.

Mom, I love me some mums and I do know what kind of flowers those are!! They aren't a flower we see here during the fall since we don't get a true Fall season in the Tropics.
Laurie said…
Tab- You know what I'd do if I could don't you?
I'd fly you all home for awhile in the Fall! I guess Fall has a beauty all its own in FL though!
LivG said…
When I see your lovely garden I am reminded of just how much I want a house and a yard of my own!!!

My vote is MUMS! I was just thinking today how much I love mums in the fall!
Zoanna said…
A gazing ball, yes. I knew I'd heard of them, but wondered for a sec if it was maybe a cool looking irrigation system.

Zoanna Marigolds ___smile====...
I have Laurie Lynn 'golds here, but my garden is anything BUT picturesque. I planted marigolds around the veggies. The weeds grew 100x worse after I planted a garden than while it sat virtually bare. Ugh. Thankfully the vegs don't care. I feel like my neglect of the weeds would make you feel unloved if you saw your marigold namesake in a photo.
Laurie said…
Zoanna- I'd certainly understand and say, I don't mind the clutter/weeds at all! I try to be content to "bloom where I'm planted"!
Chris said…
beautiful!

I vote for mums, too :)
Laurie said…
Liv- I know how you feel. I do!Someday you will. Until then, will you come and enjoy the garden here?
And you can enjoy the pots in your entry way?
Laurie said…
Thanks Chris! Mums get the vote! Mike planted some this evening while I cut back some unruly Russian Sage. (That stuff smells good!)

Popular Posts