I'm Just Sayin...

I don't think it would matter.
I'm pretty much convinced that it wouldn't matter which hairstyle picture I took to a stylist, I'd end up with the cut I got. I don't know why that is. It's like I sit in the chair and they can't stop themselves from cutting, and cutting... and cutting and I am just dumb enough to trust their artistic interpretation and Bingo!, I get "the haircut"; the same haircut I always get whenever a beautician is given free reign with scissors and my hair..., and I'm paying for this!!  It's getting so I'm just not surprised anymore! This first picture is what I took with me to my appt.. I went in with shoulder length hair. I came out without a bunch of hair and without the style much resembling the photo! I don't think it would matter which picture I brought in. It's usually the same story. I get the about same haircut. I don't know why, but I have (I like to think I have) learned to expect it. I don't get mad or cry or even smack my dear husband with a hairdo magazine which I'd rather smack the stylist with. I just go buy some kind of "wonder hair product", mourn a bit, eat some chocolate and I'm good. Really. I knew I wasn't going to look like Wynona Ryder, I knew that going in, but I comfort myself in knowing I don't look quite like Mike Wazowski's snake-haired girlfriend, Celia, from the cast of a favorite Pixar film, Monster's Inc..


 Next time I think I'll take in a picture of snake-haired Celia, just to see what happens. I'm just sayin...


Comments

LivG said…
No, they sure didn't give you Wynona's hair...BUT, I don't think it looks bad!
Anonymous said…
I think it looks good. No, I don't she "interpreted" the picture very well. Did you have long bangs, too? She didn't even come close on that. I have finally found someone who DOES come close to matching my style to the picture. I asked for a certain Cherlize Theron. HA! I know I don't hold a csndle to her good looks, but when I typed in "short hair, round face" that's what came up, and it works becuase it's curly but can be straightened w/ heat and product.
Laurie said…
Thanks- Liv.

Anon.- Yes I had long bangs too! I was about three inches from achieving that long braid turning to gray hair! Hair grows though, so I can begin again I guess!
Hold on to that stylist who can come close to the picture, even if she can't give Cherlize Theron or Wynonna! Why is it that so often curly-haired gals want straight hair anhd vice-versa?
Zoanna said…
I didn't realize I'd signed in as Anon. I'm not very anonymous, am I?
Laurie said…
Zo- Nah, you're not very anonymous but I think that's great!
Thanks for commenting!
Anonymous said…
Hi Laurie,
You always look great and your hair too. :)
Love ya and miss ya.
Carolyn
Rachelle said…
haha...oh man, been there, mourned some bad, bad haircuts (definatley called for chocolate & tears). Finally got the guts to 'divorce' my hairdresser (who I really liked as a person). Now I have a new girl that I love! Well, here's to time...
Laurie said…
Carolyn- It's been WAY too long. Let's connect. I mean there are only like 7 blocks between us. How hard should it be?!
Laurie said…
Rachelle- Yep! Here's to time!
It all eventually grows back, thankfully... then the cycle starts again?!
I guess I don't get what the hoo-haw is about. You didn't get the cut that you wanted but WOMAN YOU LOOK FOXY ANYWAY!
Laurie said…
Oh Ruth! You're a hoot!
Thanks for the boost sweetie!
Chris said…
Me, too. Always the same cut. Although with my hair what else could they do with it?

I've read in magazines that a person should get a new style every three months to maintain a fresh image. Ha! I can't even get a new style every 30 years:)
Laurie said…
Chris- Funny! A fresh image? "Image"! Ha! It reminds me of when my grown daughter, God love her, was waiting and helping as I tried on some clothes in the dressing room. I tried on something and asked her, "Do you think this looks okay?" Her answer was something like, "Does it matter?" Of course I took it to mean precisely, "Mom at your age (weight?) it doesn't even matter if it looks okay. I mean how could it even matter?" But after I huffed and puffed indignantly at her just a bit, she explained what she meant... but I still don't think I really heard her! ;)
So yeah, I think image is a bit over rated! Image schmimage!
I'd have to do something pretty drastic to have a "fresh image"!
TAB said…
Too funny! Yeah, bring the snake-haired lady pic w/ you next time. You look good, mom!

Popular Posts