Horsin' Around

Liv, the kids and I went shopping today at the Goodwill.
Liv found this cute horse costume for Sean.
He is delighted with it!
He couldn't wait to try it on and gallop around the house when we got home. He held up different parts of the costume to ask what things were: stirrups, reins... then he held up the saddle horn and said, "What's this one called, Grammy?" I said, "That's the horn of the saddle, the 'saddle horn'. "
Sean said, "Oh! Honk Honk!" (as he squeezed the saddle "horn".) "Ya better get out of the way!"
Olivia posted a short video clip of Sean and Horse galloping through the house!


Granddad and Eleanor
 
Chloe holding my expired Goodwill "preferred customer" discount card
Posted by Picasa

Comments

LivG said…
Fun day! Funny Sean:)
Laurie said…
Oh my yes!!
That outfit was the "buy of the day"!
TAB said…
What cute nieces and nephew I have!!!! Oh, man! I choked up just lookin at them. And, of course, my daddy!
Chris said…
Galloping was a favorite playtime activity for my sister and me :)

Did you know that Robert Schumann's song The Wild Rider is about his kids galloping around the house with a broomstick horse?

All the sforzandos are supposed to be the kids hitting the wall with their broomhandles...
Laurie said…
Chris-
I didn't know that! Now that I've listened to the music, I hear just what Shumann meant!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a4LAfGA-6Q&feature=related

and some "Wild Risders" who seem like they'd much rather be riding than practicing piano!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b5nPvdGqIw
zo said…
Saddle horn "honk honk". Hilarious.

Popular Posts