Birthday Visit Get-Together

This is a little nook of our neighbor's side yard. It borders our backyard and though our neighbors come out to tend to it, they can't see it unless they come out and walk behind some pines and an abandoned dog-run. They enjoy their garden, but I think we enjoy it even more since it is a nice view from our patio and the climbing vine with white blossoms smells lovely when the breeze carries the scent our way. (Our neighbors say it'a a type of clematis)
Here is the birthday boy, Don. (My step father-in-law)
And here is the cake that Mike's Mom decorated for him.
Pretty and chocolaty!
Olivia and Chloe
Mike and Sean
We had a get-together because Mike's sister, Nancy was here from Florida and it was Don's birthday.
Back row L to R: Julie (Mike's other sis), Don, Nancy holding baby Chloe, Nathan (Julie's son), me, Mike holding Sean, Mike's dad holding Eleanor
Front Row: Mike's Mom and Olivia

Comments

LivG said…
You got some nice pictures mom!
TAB said…
Very nice pics indeed, Mom!
zz said…
What a pleasure...cake and family together:) Is the bow on the hat cat real ribbon or fondant. I love it!

The neighbors say the white flower on the vine is a type of clematis? Funny. It doesn't loook like it to me. I thought all clematis had multiple lobes that make them look a bit like pinwheels. AT least all the ones around here do.
Laurie said…
Thanks Tab and Liv! And thanks for sending the group one Liv!

Zoanna- The ribbon is real! Cute huh?
I know the flower you are talking about and that's what I think of when I think of clematis too! You got me wondering so I looked it up! Mike thinks we should plant some in back of our mums. I think so too! It is so fragrant sometimes!
Here is a link to the Autumn Clematis to copy/paste in address bar. I hope it works!
http://gurneys.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_76179
Laurie said…
You may have to type "Sweet Autumn Clematis" in the search bar at Gurney's ...
Great family pixs. Also, I think I'm on a sugar/chocolate high just looking at that cake. Your mom-in-law is so creative!
Laurie said…
Ruth! Thanks for visitig and commenting! Yeah, sometimes chocolate makes my heart race!
It was off the chart sweetness!

Popular Posts