Hiding Place In the Light

While I'm on the subject ...
When God first captured my heart, I remember a friend chiding me and saying that I was only hiding in religion. I wanted to shout out, "No! I wasn’t hiding! I had been hiding and in the dark! Now I've been exposed! Yes, now Christ is my "hiding place" and He is the Light of the world!” But back then I probably gave a weak reply and may have felt misunderstood. Now every time I hear or sing songs that speak of Christ being our hiding place, I think back to that time and I am grateful that Christ is my hiding place and that hiding place is in the Light!
John 3:16-21

Comments

Zoanna said…
I feel exactly the same. I'd love to know what people mean when they talk about hiding in religion. I'm going to ask next time I hear it put that way. I love hiding in the Light, in the Cleft of the Rock.
Anonymous said…
Posting a song of JOC is as good as dangling chocolate before me. What a lovely hymn. It is a hymn, right?
Laurie said…
Hi Karisa and welcome back!!
Yes It is a hymn! I'm not sure if it's older or newer though!

traditional words by Daniel Herbert / music by Jars of Clay / �2005 Bridge Building,
Laurie said…
Zoanna- Come to think about it, there could be much worse things to "hide" in, but I'm with you and love "hiding" in the Light, in the cleft of the Rock!!

Popular Posts