Three Roses from Mom and My Thrift Shop Treasure "Hat Lady Vase"

I met my Mom and Dad for coffee and a muffin this afternoon. We meet in a small town between my home town where they live and Mike's home town where I now live, which is now my home town too! Mom brought me two pink roses and a bicolored orange rose from their gardens! How sweet! When I got home I snipped some dill and some bloom from our Walker's Catmint and gave them a home in this "Hat Lady Vase" which has its own story! There was a quaint, but very expensive boutique I liked to browse in. I'd browse because I couldn't afford to buy, until the frustration (coveting) became too great, then I stopped browsing! The shop sold all sizes of the type of vase you see pictured and I rather enjoyed these vases, but gasped and cringed a bit when I peeked at the prices! It wasn't long when while shopping at the Goodwill, I saw this sweet vase for at least 75% less than the original price! I also found one at Tuesday Morning for 60% less. Yes, the hat gals are rather quirky, but I like them. Thanks to Mom for the flower beauties and to God for designing the beauties and for giving me the "thrift shop" treasure to hold the beauties!

Comments

Karen said…
I love this vase and the story behind it! ;)
LivG said…
That is cute. I embrace quirky!
Laurie said…
Hmmm. I wonder where you get that, Liv?!
Laurie said…
Thanks Karen! I have another Hat Lady Vase, but she isn't decked out in flowers...yet!
TAB said…
Yes, quirky! Quirky, little hat lady. Pretty flowers.
Laurel said…
Love that vase!

Popular Posts