"Come back and wake me up about half past May."

“Spring” “Listen, Frog,” said Toad “How long have I been asleep?” “You have been asleep since November,” said Frog. “Well then,” said Toad, “a little more sleep will not hurt me. Come back and wake me up at about half past May. Good night, Frog..." "Why it is May!” said Toad as he climbed out of bed. Then he and Frog ran outside to see how the world was looking in the spring!" From: Frog and Toad are Friends by Arnold Lobel Endearing stories for children and adults! The photo taken in our garden is of our resident toad and toadstool. There has been a real toad in our entryway garden for several weeks. I wonder what I should name him, but end up just calling him "Toad". We used to see a baby frog in the garden also. The frog has since gone away to find water I suspect. But Toad stays close and he is welcome, though I believe the two are missing out on Frog and Toad fun together!

Comments

Popular Posts