Here's the Dirt

If you’ve been to Lindsborg, you’ve seen the dala horse theme around town. The traditional dala horse is “Swedish red”, but several years back Lindsborg had a “wild dala” thing going in which “a large herd of alternately decorated” dalas were creatively designed and decorated by local artists and each dala horse has a special place embellishing my small town adding to Lindsborg’s special-ness. See more of Lindsborg’s wild dalas!
Mike was playing his guitar and wearing his “dirty dala” t-shirt (Hand-Dyed in Real Kansas Dirt). He then was drinking from our dala mug. Though most Swedes would drink coffee, this Scottish/Irish/Swedish/All American is drinking Earl Grey tea!
Speaking of coffee, Here is a joke that I like Mike to tell: A news reporter heard about the Swede named Ole who is said to drink 12 POTS of coffee a day and thought this would be a good story to report. Reporter: Ole, we understand that you drink 12 pots of coffee per day. Ole: Ya, I tink dats about right. Reporter: That’s a lot of coffee, Ole. Doesn’t all that coffee keep you awake.
Ole: Ya, I tink maybe it helps.

Comments

LivG said…
OK, I tried to leave a comment three times last night, but it wouldn't take. It kept saying there was an error, so here we go again. I hope it works this time.

Love the Dalas, love the shirt, love the Scottish/Irish/Swedish/All American Dad in the shirt. However, I don't quite get the humor in the joke, but maybe I need some more sleep? Or maybe I need to start drinking 12 pots of coffee per day too!
TAB said…
Love the pictures!!!! I forgot about that shirt. I like that joke!
Anonymous said…
Liv- I love that Dad too!

Zoanna- Oh, there are some good "Swede jokes"!

Tab- I think you were with me when I got that shirt.

Popular Posts