BROKEN THINGS Written and Performed by Julie Miller

You can have my heart Though it isn't new It's been used and broken And only comes in blue It's been down a long road And it got dirty on the way If I give it to you will you make it clean And wash the shame away You can have my heart If you don't mind broken things You can have my life if you don't mind these tears

Well I heard that you make old things new So I give these pieces all to you If you want it you can have my heart So beyond repair Nothing I could do I tried to fix it myself But it was only worse when I got through Then you walked into my darkness And you speak words so sweet And you hold me like a child Till my frozen tears fall at your feet

Disclaimer: I may not have used each visual for the lyrical interpretation, but this is a sweet song and the best I could find on YouTube. Enjoy! (Christine says, "Oh Mom. You worry too much!" I say, "I know. (Sigh) "I always worry about offending or being misunderstood. It's probably pride.")

Comments

LivG said…
Memories...I had forgotten about Julie Miller. Good song.
Zoanna said…
I appreciate these lyrics. So true to my current feelings.
TAB said…
What a beautiful song. I really do love it!
Anonymous said…
Thanks for reminding me. I'm going to dig out this CD and listen to it. My sister and her husband (OOTG) worked with Julie and her husband, and they were really neat people.
Laurie said…
Ginny,
Thanks for visiting my blog!
I can imagine the the Millers would be neat and compassionate folks! I think Julie is an amazing songwriter! Her songs have been recorded by many.
Dixie Chicks
Linda Ronstadt
Lee Ann Womack
Emmylou Harris
Jars of Clay
Selah
And others!

Popular Posts