This Is Love ... "This knowing if I love Thee, Thou must have loved me first."

"Tis' Not That I Did Choose Thee" lyrics written in 1836 by Josiah Conder were set to music by Mike. We sing this song in our meetings with the church and here Mike and I sing it as a love song for Valentine's Day. God's love sweet love. (The lyrics are here so please sing along!)
Thanks to Christine for camera operation.










‘Tis not that I did choose Thee for Lord that could not be, This heart would still refuse Thee hadst Thou not chosen me. Thou from the sin that stained me hast cleansed and set me free. Of old Thou hast ordained me that I should live to Thee.
‘Twas sovereign mercy called me and taught my op’ning mind. The world had else enthralled me to heavenly glories blind. My heart owns none before Thee, for Thy rich grace I thirst. This knowing if I love Thee, Thou must have loved me first.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a beautiful way to start a day!! How lucky are we to have a very caring daughter and son-in-law. Great job on the song!!We love you, Mom
LivG said…
That was really good you guys!
Anonymous said…
That was great. Wonderful song.

Thanks for posting that!

KP
Zoanna said…
Very nice. You have a lovely singing verse and your bubby's music goes well w/ the lyrics. That blessed me today:).
Anonymous said…
Warms my heart. Brings back great memories of awesome times Coram Deo.

KSMM
TAB said…
We loved hearing you sing Grammy and Grandpa. Henry thinks that he's going to have a snack next. (He remembers Coram Deo's schedule well!):-)
Anonymous said…
Thanks to those who endured this video!
Mike introduced us as a "Vain Glory Production"...
Yeah.

Popular Posts