Kansas Weather Quote: ‘If you don’t like the weather, wait 10 minutes. It will change.’

"10 Minutes" is a bit of an exaggeration, but change "10 minutes" to "8 hours" and that's about right! Yesterday's weather was restless, howling, wild and almost insanely windy! This morning is still, calm, sunny and lovely! Yeah, I do know weather is a rather dull subject for a blog post, but the extremes in weather of this place are strangely, an aspect of why I love it! As I step outside just to feel the cold and listen to the day, I hear that the birds are pleased also!

Comments

Zoanna said…
I love Kansas . Lived there 2 years when I was a young girl and LOVED it to the core. I'm still interested in weather reports, and I always ask my best friend, Barb, "Had snow?" She always gets snow before we do here in MD, lucky girl.
Anonymous said…
I agree with Zoanna...sometimes the weather report is the most interesting thing happening at the moment:)
KP said…
It may not be ten minutes, but it often feels like it. But like you said, the sudden changes are nice.
Anonymous said…
Chris, check that. Sometimes the weather is the ONLY thing happening in Kansas. :)-
Laurie said…
Hey now, watch what you say about Kansas!
The weather keeps us busy here! A lot of other things keep us busy also like…um……well…umm…
Oh, I DO LOVE my Kansas!!!
Anonymous said…
Now, on the 14th we have a VERY cold day ahead of us. I woke to the wind howling.
Anonymous said…
Karisa-
Yep, that's just what I thought this morning!
Weird weird weather!
(I have a feeling the weather WON'T be changing for awhile now!) Brrrrr!
TAB said…
Mom, I didn't know you were so poetic in all our school days together. Maybe I just didn't appreciate it in my youth.
Laurie said…
Dear Tab,
Thanks! Appreciation does grow with age! I have learned much and appreciated even more as I look back. I know now, what I couldn't know then! May you keep a good balance of walking step by step, looking forward and looking back.

Popular Posts