Here's the Thing: COMFORT FOOD!

Yep, I'm Thinking About Food and Nope, I've Not Yet Begun a New Year's Diet! Here is my short list of comfort foods in no particular order: Mexican Food Saltines and milk (Goat Milk if Possible) Cold cereal-Frosted Mini-Wheats, Puffed Wheat with honey, Honey Bunches of Oats and the like Spaghetti noodles with butter and salt only Stove popped popcorn (yes, with butter and salt) Roast Beef (Pot Roast) Zuppa Toscana (from Olive Garden) Cheese with or without crackers Mom's Bleu Cheese dressing (with salad of course) Summer ripe home-grown tomato sandwich (hamburger bun and mayo) Cucumbers in Mom's special dressing

Fresh sweet ripe strawberries

Oatmeal (w/ brown sugar and milk, please) Chocolate (of course) My Mom's Cookin I see a pattern of carbs here. Do you have favorite comfort foods? I may be missing out on something!

Comments

KP said…
Mexican food was rightly at the top of the list.

The best.
LivG said…
I think you got 'em all!

You and your Zuppa Toscana!

Olive Garden sounds really good now. I really want to go to Wichita soon!
Anonymous said…
Mike says bacon could be added to the list and Salty Oatmeal cookies and Penne Rustica from Macaroni Grill.
Laurie said…
Christine says fried chicken and breads could be added to the list.
And Livi Lou lets go to Wichita soon. (We could eat at Olive Garden!)
TAB said…
I think lasagna and french fries!
Anonymous said…
I think mocha.
TAB said…
Oooooh! Popcorn!!
Anonymous said…
honey bunches of oats--not sure which I like better--the taste or the name:)
Anonymous said…
ummm yes please ;) i am a huge fan of Zuppa Toscana.
btw thanks for commenting on my blog.
There are many I could add to the list but I HAVE to add:
a gooey homemade cinnamon roll (lots of cinnamon and brown sugar) with a cup of hot coffee.

Popular Posts