Conversation Overheard in a Restaurant Recently Between Women Talking From Table to Table

Woman from Table 1: Are you ready for Christmas? Woman from Table 2: Heavens no! I’m not ready! Are you? Table 1: No, not really. I just try not to think about it. Table 2: Yeah. I guess it will come whether we're ready or not. Table 1: Yeah. Well, have a good one. Table 2: You have a good one too. I wondered what it meant to "be ready" and wondered if I was ready. Good Grief, maybe I'm not ready! Thankfully God doesn't wait for us to be ready! He chooses, sends, seeks and saves whether we're ready or not! (Or more correctly He makes us ready!) Somehow I was reminded of Linus helping Charlie Brown understand what Christmas is all about after Charlie Brown raises his arms in the air and says with exasperation, "Isn't there anyone who knows what Christmas is all about?!!" Linus answers:


Comments

Anonymous said…
I liked my pastor's answer when I asked him if he was ready for Christmas.

He admitted that he had more gifts to buy and things to do, but he said, "My heart is ready."

That's the important thing...

Christmas Blessings to your family!
Anonymous said…
Also, thanks for the excerpt from Charlie Brown Christmas...It's my favorite. One of the few, possibly only, Christmas specials that actually talks about the reason for the season: Jesus:)
Anonymous said…
Yes. That is, in my opinion, a classic movie.

I am glad God does not wait for us to be ready.

KP

Popular Posts