Little Mommy by Sharon Kane a Little Golden Book CLASSIC

This Little Golden Book by Sharon Kane has an original copyright date of 1967. It has since been renewed and republished. I read this to my children and I hope my daughters read it to their children and I can read it to my grandchildren. This is one of my favorite children's books ever! No drudgery here! This Little Mommy is clothed with grace, good works, hospitality and joy! This is my house and I am the mommy. My children are Annabelle, Betsy and Bonny. They are good little children and do just as I say. I put on their coats and they go out to play. Billy is Daddy; he works in the city. He has a new car. Isn’t it pretty? I do the dishes and sweep the floor And wipe the fingerprints off the door. I wash the clothes in my washing machine. I scrub them with soap and rinse them clean. Then I hang them on the line to dry. I’ll have to iron them by and by. My children like to go for a ride. They sit in the buggy side by side. Now I will teach you the A B C, And who can count to ten for me? I think it’s time for me to bake. I’ll make some cookies and ginger cake. My neighbor comes for a cup of tea. We have a party by the cherry tree. Oh, dear! I’m afraid Betsy is ill! I put her to bed and give her a pill. I’ll call on the phone for Doctor Dan. He says he’ll come as soon as he can. Danny is Doctor and he comes in a hurry. He takes her temperature and says, “Don’t worry. It’s just the mumbledy-bumps, I think.” Dinner is ready, don’t be late. Put on your bibs and sit up straight! We’re having potatoes and blueberry stew. Now eat your spinach, it’s good for you. Sit on my lap, it’s story time. I’ll read a poem and a nursery rhyme. It’s bath time now for my little dears. I’ll scrub their necks and wash their ears. I tuck them in bed and sing them a song And they’ll be asleep before very long. We mommies have such a lot to do. Good night, dollies, I’m sleepy too.

Comments

Popular Posts