Saying and Writing Stupid Stuff

If we really think and weigh most of what we say (or write), we'd probably shut up more and quit taking a pen in hand or tapping at the keyboard as often, especially the words typed at late hours when eyes and minds are dull. Yesterday I commented that Mike had been "burning the candle at both ends" and "getting up at ungodly hours" recently. Without getting too technical about the word ungodly which could mean: dreadful, unreasonable, outrageous, iniquitous, as soon as I said 'ungodly hours', I though it sounded stupid. I was struck by the thought that there are no ungodly hours for God and how He never sleeps or slumbers. It is beyond my comprehension that God doesn't need sleep since I'm frail and in need of regular sleep. That truth is awesome in the serious sense of the word 'awesome', as God's glory, God's holiness, God's mercy, God's grace and heaven are awesome. Psalm 139:6 NASB Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is too high, I cannot attain to it. Saying (and writing) stupid stuff is obvious for me. I'm not even going to consider the stupid things we/I do for now.

Comments

I have been quoting this scripture from Proverbs to myself often lately, in various situations. . . ."Where words are many, sin is not absent; he who holds his tongue is wise."

Popular Posts