Mr. Bean's Holiday

We watched Mr. Bean's Holiday the other day and between laughing I kept saying, "Oh man, He is such an idiot!" I felt embarrassed for him, irritated at him and humored by him. What an idiot!. I like him because he is an idiot
We were taught to "Stop staring!" when we were kids. Now, when I watch Mr. Bean, I can stare at him, laugh at him and even call him an idiot without having to feel bad for staring and laughing. There are some crazy funny scenes n this movie: The street performance scene, the "begging money in the airport scene", the restaurant scene and the scene where he is dressed in military garb and thinks he is going to be in a movie. I like the drive- at- night scene, the scene when he is wanting the boy's Papa to take his picture, when he spills and re-pours his drink on the train, the lottery trip ticket scene... I don't know why I'm going on and on. If you haven't seen it you should and if it's been awhile and you want to stare (and laugh) at an idiot, Mr. Bean is your man.

Comments

Anonymous said…
He looks like an idiot. I've seen the first one. It was funny in an "I cannot believe he just did that" kind of way, but not exactly the kind of humor I would appreciate in a real life person.

:)


Karisa
Laurie said…
Johnny English is what you have seen? "Holiday" is funny in a different way, but in both Mr. Bean is an idiot!
LivG said…
Oh you and your Mr. Bean Haha!
Anonymous said…
I infintely prefer Johnny English. I mean, if I were forced to choose. If I had all the choices in the world I'd never pick Mr. Bean or any movie with Rowan Atkinson. BUT if I were stranded on a not-so-desert island for a lifetime and a sick mided jeanie said I had to choose between the three I'd choose Johnny English with no hesitation.
Laurie said…
Karisa,
Rowan Atkinson is one of the very reasons you should guest post on my blog about a work of literature made into a movie much more literary than Mr. Bean!

Popular Posts