My little Mama


Johnny and "Bubbles"

My little Mama
My birth-giving Mama
You go before me
Braver frailty leading on
And I wonder at being knit together in your womb
At loving hands attending my helplessness
And you laboring at leaving
Laboring at dying
Not knowing how because you have always lived
Full and free
My lovely Mama
 I love you always


My Mama went to be with the Lord on February 9, 2011
She was able to be at home when she died. I am blessed to have been beside her with Mike and Dad at her passing and to have seen her trust her soul to the Lord.

Mary Geraldine 'Jerry' Beckman, loving wife, mother and grandmother, passed away Feb. 9, 2011, after a courageous battle with cancer. Jerry was surrounded by her family at the time of her passing. Jerry was born July 16, 1930, to Thomas W. and Mary Fike Ford in Benbush, West Virginia. Jerry graduated from Aurora High School and Morgantown Business School in West Virginia. Jerry married her childhood sweetheart, John H. Beckman. They shared their lives together for 60 years. They had three children, Steve Beckman (Kelly Collins) of Hutchinson, Laurie Beckman Hoag (Mike) of Lindsborg and John Beckman (Cyndi) of Derby. Jerry's surviving family includes: her husband, children and grandchildren, Ben Beckman, Kelsey Collins, Tabitha Hoag Wright, Olivia Hoag Gates, Christine Hoag and Emily Beckman; six great-grandchildren; sister, Arlene (Doyle) Bolyard; brothers, Donald (Anne) Ford and Ray (Julita) Ford; and sister-in-law, Margaret Ford. She was a loving wife and homemaker and a generous gift giver. Life for her was an adventure and she lived it with passion.
Jerry will be sadly missed and always cherished by her family. Jerry was preceded in death by her parents and brother, Cecil G. Ford.
Memorial donations may be made in her
honor to Hospice Care of Reno County.

Comments

LivG said…
I'm so sad my beautiful (beaut-ee-ful) Grandma is no longer with us, but praise God that she is with Him now!
Anonymous said…
Oh Laurie, what a beautiful tribute.
I've been crying for you all, and rejoicing for your Mama.
Praying that He will overwhelm you with comfort, peace, and even joy - inexpressible and full of glory.
Love you, friend.
I am deeply sorry for your loss and praising God that you have no need to grieve as if there is no hope. What a gift from our Father to give to you....

I lost my momma 4 years ago. I miss her....She is with the Lord, as well...Praise Him!
Chris said…
Praying for your family, Laurie, and thankful for the wonderful gift of God's grace in your mom's life! <3
Anonymous said…
Laurie~
What sweet words about your mom.
I know you will miss her.
I love you.

Carolyn
TAB said…
I choke up every time I read your poem about Grandma. Your way with words is a blessing. I love you.

Popular Posts