“Whatever else anything is, it ought to begin by being personal.”

This post feels a bit more personal than usual, so I'm reminded of one of my favorite quotes by Kathleen Kelly from
You've Got Mail
"Whatever else anything is,
it ought to begin by being personal."
Mike is a designer and builder. He enjoys his work
and has been employed thus for close to 20 successful years following the footsteps of his dad who has just recently, at age 83, slowed down from designing and building.
Mike's homes have always sold either by a custom contract or if he has built a “Spec. Home” it has sold before being finished…
until now.
This house has been on the market since last May, 2008, which also means that our income has almost come to a halt, which means that we are trying not to panic and to trust in the Lord!
Thankfully, the Lord has supplied Mike with some small remodel jobs to help (or test), but we continue to beseech the Lord for:
1. A buyer for the house SOON!
2. Wisdom in the next step if He is leading Mike on to some other form of employment
3. Wisdom and provision if He is leading us to se
ll everything and live elsewhere…like in our car or on the street!!!

We are a bit befuddled and perplexed
as to the direction we should take!


I humbly ask any readers to please pray with us.
As mentioned, Mike does have some small remodel jobs he is committed to finish in the next couple months and for that we are thankful!
For those projects, the sale of the house, other possible employment and God's leading,
we commit ourselves to and rely fully on
God's grace, mercy and provision.
The View from the deck of the house needing a buyer

It was such a gorgeous Spring day! Mike, Christine and I ate our sack lunches on the deck of the spec. house!
I say, "I really like this house, Mike!"
Mike says, "Thanks. Maybe it will sell this week."
I answer, "Well, it could!"
Then he says with a sigh, "I hope it does."
We both know God can do it!

And we wait.

Comments

TAB said…
Oh, I hope so too mom and dad! I type this with tears in my eyes. If I could I would buy that house. I fall in love with all of dad's houses believe it or not! I'm so proud of you, dad!
LivG said…
Tab took the words right off my typing fingers! I think it is a great house! Perfect in fact. Everything that I would love and I wish that we could buy it! My prayers are with you.
zz said…
I will pray about the sale of this house. I get excited when I see situations that are quite obviously in God's hands. I say that because it's not always obvious that ALL things are in His hands. Some just seem more humanly possible to figure out than others.
Karen said…
Laurie,
I am praying not only for the sale of this beautiful home that your husband built but also for direction and security for your future. Like Zo said it is in God's hands and how great that you are trusting in Him.

Karen
Laurie said…
Thank you for praying! I love that ALL things are in His hands!
Anonymous said…
praying!
-Carolyn
Chris said…
We'll be praying!

Popular Posts