Homeschool Retrospect #2

How sweet it was to read aloud to eager listeners.
How kind that when Mom got teary during a sweet or sad part of the book, one daughter would bring the box of kleenex and later when their reading skills improved I could pass the book to one of them and say, "You read for awhile." One daughter would take over until I could gain composure. (Why do I apologize for crying at sweet or sad parts in a book or movie?) The author should be applauded for engaging the reader so well!

Comments

LivG said…
Oh, it's such a mom thing! Maybe it's a pregnant thing for me too, but the other day I was trying to read a book to Sean and I just couldn't make it through. I think it was:

~ Love you forever, like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be ~
Laurie said…
Yep, that's what I'm talking about.
Anonymous said…
This happens to me, too. There was a time when nothing brought me to tears. Now after many experiences, there are many things that do.
Anonymous said…
Chris,
Sounds as though you were "comfortably numb"? (or uncomfortably numb...)

Popular Posts